I’ve changed up my skincare routine a lot lately, thanks in large part to /r/skincareaddiction on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/skincareaddiction).
I’ve been very happy with my skin lately! Here is my new routine.
1. Cleanse with CeraVe hydrating cleanser
2. If I used an AHA the night before, let skin dry then apply a BHA product. I use Stridex in the red box. Let fully dry before applying CeraVe cream and sunblock.
2. If not using a BHA, apply Silk Naturals Mama’s Helper Serum while face is still damp
3. Apply CeraVe cream (in the tub)
4. Apply at least 1/4 teaspoon of physical sunscreen on face and neck. Currently using Neutrogena Pure and Free Baby Faces Broad Spectrum SPF 45+.
5. Apply makeup. I haven’t been wearing any most days but once school starts again I will.
1. Remove sunscreen and/or makeup by massaging sunflower oil into skin, then wiping it off with a warm wet cotton pad.
2. Cleanse with CeraVe hydrating cleanser.
3. A few times a week: wait until skin dries, then apply Silk Naturals 8% AHA toner on a cotton pad. Let fully dry then apply CeraVe cream and perhaps vaseline. Otherwise, ignore this step.
4. When not using AHA, apply Silk Naturals Mama’s Helper serum while face is still damp.
5. Immediately apply CeraVe cream.
6. Put Vaseline on any particularly dry or flakey spots, and occasionally all over the face for a moisture boost. Vaseline is an occlusive and seals in moisture very effectively.
The texture of my skin has really improved since starting this routine. It’s smooth, soft, and the sun damage I have is fading thanks to the exfoliants (AHA and BHA) and Vitamin C and licorice extract in the Mama’s Helper serum. I am still playing around with how often to use the exfoliants…my skin can’t tolerate it every day and I’m not sure if every other day will work either. I might need to use them just once a week. I will update you when I figure it out.
Thanks for stopping by!